APPLICATIONS: We are not accepting applications from the general public for leasing apartments at Redtail Ponds. Redtail Ponds only accepts resident referrals from select service area providers.
Redtail Ponds opened in 2015 as Northern Colorado’s first Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) community. It was developed using best practice models proven effective throughout the country.
Redtail Ponds provides housing for a mix of incomes with its one and two bedroom apartments combined with onsite services to promote stability and independence. The community is designed to meet the special housing needs of formerly homeless individuals with disabilities and formerly homeless veterans.
Redtail Ponds features 60 apartments along with a community kitchen, fitness area, computer room, community garden and several common areas for residents to congregate. New residents for this community are referred through partner agencies.
Redtail Ponds Report
- 2017 Colorado Urban Land Institute Impact Award for Project Influence
- 2016 NAHRO (National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials) Award of Excellence in Project Design
- 2015 Colorado NAHRO Award of Excellence for Affordable Housing Project
- 2015 Mountain Plains Regional Council of NAHRO Affordable Housing Design Award
- 2015 Housing Colorado Eagle Award for extraordinary accomplishments and outstanding leadership in housing and support services
Corporation for Supportive Housing Profile of Redtail Ponds
CSH has provided on overview of Redtail Ponds as a model for other housing authorities working towards developing a similar community.
Link to CSH
PHA Profile: Redtail Ponds Supportive Housing
Novogradac Highlights Redtail Ponds
Redtail Ponds Permanent Supportive Housing development was published in the September 2015 edition of Novogradac as an example of a successful project using Low Income Housing Tax Credits. See the article here: