The sign-up for the Project-Based Housing Vouchers wait list has closed.
Project-Based Vouchers (PBV) provide rental assistance towards the cost of rent in specific apartments within Housing Catalyst’s Villages properties. These are only eligible at designated apartments.
The PBV Program provides quality rental housing for families, seniors and persons with disabilities who are earning incomes incomes below 50% of the Area Median Income (see Housing Voucher eligibility guidelines below).
How much is the rent?
Rent is approximately 30% of your total household income.
How many bedrooms are included with the voucher?
Bedroom size is determined by your household size and composition. You will be placed on the appropriate wait list based on the information you provide about your household. One bedroom and four bedroom housing is very limited and currently have very long wait lists of at least 5 years.
Determination of bedroom size is explained on this form.
What is the wait list process and next steps?
- Applicants are placed on the Wait List in order based on the date/time the COMPLETED APPLICATION is received.
- Once you reach the top of the wait list, you will be contacted BY MAIL ONLY to complete the rest of the application process. You will be sent an eligibility packet. The information you provided on the wait list application (income, household members, etc.) will be verified at that time.
- It is critical that you keep your address current with us as the post office will not forward our time-sensitive mail. If an eligibility packet is returned to us by the post office, we will remove the applicant from the wait list.
- If you have a change in address, name, family members, or income, you MUST complete a Wait List Change Form.
The waiting list for Housing Choice Vouchers is currently CLOSED.
Housing Choice Vouchers
Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) provide rental assistance towards the cost of rent in the private rental market.
The HCV program provides quality rental housing for families, seniors and persons with disabilities who are earning incomes well below average. The HCV Program allows eligible households to rent from any qualified private landlord who accepts rental assistance vouchers. Participants negotiate their own lease and Housing Catalyst pays a portion of their monthly rent directly to the property owner, based on their income and size of the household.
Rental assistance allows families & Individuals to redirect household income to education, healthcare, child rearing and other household expenses.
Housing Choice Vouchers for People with Disabilities
75 applications were randomly selected for placement on a wait list for Housing Choice Vouchers for People with Disabilities. Click here to view the list.
Housing Voucher Eligibility Guidelines
The combined income of the household cannot exceed the maximum income listed below.
Household Size Maximum Income
1 person 29,800
2 people 34,050
3 people 38,300
4 people 42,550
5 people 46,000
6 people 49,400
7 people 52,800
8 people 56,200
- Applicants must meet citizenship or eligible immigration requirements.
- Household members 18 years of age or older must have a background free of recent violent or drug-related criminal activity.
- Household members may not owe money to another housing authority because of a previous tenancy.
- Applicants must also pass the screening criteria of the landlord.
Wait List Change Form
Any change in your mailing address, name, family members or income must be reported to us on a Wait List Change Form. This is especially important so we can contact you and keep your unit size current with your household size. If we cannot contact you by mail, your name will be removed from the wait list.
Additional Contact Form
You can download and complete this form if you would like to add another contact person to your application for housing. This may be a family member, friend, or social, health, advocacy, or other organization. This contact information is for the purpose of identifying a person or organization that may be able to help in resolving any issues that may arise during your tenancy or to assist in providing any special care or services you may require. You may remove or change the information at any time.
Re-certification Utility Allowance Worksheet
Please click here to get the current Recert Utility Allowance Worksheet for October 2018 -October 2019
You may download our HCV Landlord List, containing landlords that may be willing to lease a unit to someone with a housing voucher. Please do not limit yourself to this list. This is for your reference only.