Yes, we call that portability. Housing Choice Vouchers may be transferred to another Public Housing Authority’s (PHA) service area, if you have lived in your home for at least one year. However, the housing authority that covers the area you are moving to must currently be accepting vouchers, please contact that office for more information.

You can always contact us for help in transferring your voucher.