Skip Navigation


What is the Housing Choice Voucher program?

The Housing Choice Voucher program (formerly known as Section 8) helps cover the cost of rent for families with low incomes, people with disabilities, and seniors. Since housing assistance is provided on behalf of the family or individual, participants are able to find their own rental home, including single-family homes, townhouses and apartments. The participant More...

By |2022-11-03T09:33:16-06:00March 9th, 2022||

Does Section 8 still exist?

Section 8 is a term that was previously used for the Housing Choice Voucher program and other federally funded rental assistance programs. The name came from Section 8 of the Housing and Community Development Act in 1974, which established rental assistance programs outside of public housing.

By |2022-11-03T09:42:07-06:00March 9th, 2022||
Go to Top