Housing Catalyst works with private landlords to provide rental homes for eligible families, seniors and people with disabilities who earn below average incomes. We do this by providing housing vouchers that pay a portion of the rent directly to the landlord. An advantage of participating in the program is landlords receive a contracted monthly payment, which helps promote stable tenancy.
- HC has 1,169 Housing Choice Vouchers.
- Families can select housing from a landlord participating in the program.
- Families pay about 30% of income towards rent; the voucher pays the difference.
- Screen and select voucher holders just as you would any other tenants.
- Guaranteed rent payments made directly to YOU!
- You can request annual rent increases.
- Landlord receives payment for the full month if tenant moves out prior to the last day of the month.
- There are a large number of voucher holders seeking rentals.
- HC will visit your property bi-annually to ensure its safety and that it meets federal Housing Quality Standards (HQS).
About HCV Program